Brenna brought her friend Kate home from school the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to make treats for her friends. I looked on Pinterest and was able to find these adorable acorns, pilgrim hats, sugar cookie turkeys and cornucopias. It was really interesting to see how different Kate and Brenna are at their work. They both wanted to sit down right away and begin the fun of making treats. We began with the pilgrim hats. Brenna made 10 before Kate had even made 3. Kate was very meticulous and I think Brenna was going for speed-the way she does with everything! The hats were very easy to make with reeses peanut butter cups, fudge cookies and a little bit of icing! The girls made acorns next (small nutter butter cookies and Hershey kisses) and the turkey cookies with icing and candy corn! They worked very well for about an hour and a half. Then I began to tell that Brenna was loosing interest. She got up to get a drink. She got up to go to the bathroom. She got up to pet Calle. It was funny and during all of this time Kate was concentrating on finishing her turkey or acorn.
Finally we ran out of materials and the girls were done! They jumped out of their seats and within 5 minutes I could hear Taylor Swift music coming up the stairs from the basement. I wrapped them up in gift bags and then we headed out to deliver their Thanksgiving goodies! The girls talked and laughed in the car and giggled up the stairs to their friends house many times. It was so great to see them laughing and their friends really loved getting the treats!

No comments:
Post a Comment