Monday, December 31, 2012

Lake Love

After the tournament we headed up to DCL with our friends!  We were staying the weekend with them so that the boys could snowboard for two days and then we would return in time for NYE practice!  We had a great time.  I love the lake and feel like I can always refresh there!  It was so fun and relaxing hanging out with our friends.  The only hiccup in a lovely weekend was the ditch diving I did along with our friends on the way to meet Andy and the kids at the lodge for lunch inbetween their runs on the slopes!  I was impressed so much with how our friends laughed the whole time we were waiting for the tow truck to come help us out of the snow pile we had "cuddled"up to.  True we had already backed down the hill picking up speed and Jeff decided to abort our attempt at climbing the hill again, true that the scariest part was over, and true that we were all safe.  But I was still impressed.  Jeff had us empty our pockets and purses of all food so that we could "ration" them for the hour we were waiting!  My contribution to the pile was gum!  That made us all laugh and they got a great picture of all of our rations! 
     As the car started fogging up, they thought to write HELP backwards so those passing by might stop and help us!  It really worked too which made us laugh even harder!  They made the time pass quickly!  And it was funny when the tow truck had to put the SUV on the truck bed to help us out.  Jeff leaned out the window and said, "I don't like rides!!"  Now why can't I be funny like that!  Luckily we were able to make it to the lodge to see everyone for lunch!  It was great!
     We ordered in dinner for the night and hung out by the wonderful, toasty warm fireplace.  The kids played Scattegories and we talked!  I love winter nights like that!
     The weather was blustery cold and snowing which made it not the nicest of nights, but the boys still went snowboarding knowing it was their one last chance!
In the rearview mirror are the words HELP!  The hill we couldn't make it up!

These two have no clue what was happening as they were out skiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment