Valentine's was made for....love-there's just different kinds of love. We celebrated the love we have for our children by doing for them. First, there was Brenna's class party and then I left work early to shop for gifts for Tobin, Noah and Brenna. "We" bought them clothes and wrote them love notes.
One of the perks of being on the varsity squad is the team dinners that happen the night before the game. So, the team mom put out the list of team dinners and there was Valentine's Day an it sat...unclaimed. Finally, I asked Andy if we could do our turn on Valentine's. And so it began...
Andy is so awesome; he fixed flank steak and marinated chicken! The boys loved it. Since it was Valentine's I wanted to make it a little bit special, but I knew Tobin wouldn't want me to go overboard. So, I tried not to. I blew up to pictures of the team to hang over the buffet table of food, I put Valentine's decorations around and Valentine's candy on the tables. I liked it. Tobin thought the team would not like the pictures, but they so did! One picture was taken after they won the Christmas tournament and the other was a yearbook picture where they were acting goofy! It really is a great picture! You can tell that Perry and then Andrew are having a really hard time...being goofy.
It is always fun to see the team bond together before a game. They really are such a great team and great boys!

No comments:
Post a Comment