I was excited to be back at a gym for a meet. It has been a long time, too long. It is amazing how we will drive 2 hours one way for about three minutes of performing. I wasn't too sure of Brenna's feelings about everything, how she was going to do, how she felt about her chances, how much she wanted this....I wasn't really sure, and I hated that. We were late getting there because it wasn't well marked, so we ran into the gym trying to find Miss Linda, her coach. We found her easily and she whisked Brenna off and we didn't see her again until she was performing.
The trampoline was so far away in the corner of the gym that I didn't realize she was doing her routine until they held up her score which I couldn't really see. I thought she had done well, but I was to far away to be sure. However, we were right next to the double-mini so we had a great view of that.
It is kind of neat to see the group of competitors walking in and lining up at the mark for beginning. Brenna looked a little nervous; I think I was surprised by that. Finally, she went. I think she did great for not having done it for so long. It's amazing to me how Brenna (or any of my children, actually) can do something great in practice and warm-ups and then be bowed down by pressure during the performance and miss the exact same shot that they made in practice, or miss landing the exact same landing that Bre did in practice.
As Brenna raised her arm to signal the judge, I really felt like her heart wasn't in it. I guess I wasn't surprised that she didn't make the landing. But I was still proud of her for doing it. I was so proud of her for moving her legs and making the jump, of leaping into the unknown.


No comments:
Post a Comment