Thursday, August 22, 2013

MS orientation x2

Brenna's first orientation was in early August.  This orientation was focused on getting them used to lockers, bigger schools, and finding their way around.  So, this was the more fun of the two.  And you can't do orientation without lunch.  We went to Cafe Rio afterwards with the girls and had a great time listening to them share their stories.  Brenna has such a great group of friends. 





     Her next orientation is today!  Today she gets her schedule, gets to see who is in her classes.  And can she see her 6th grade crush in the halls between classes.  I am getting ready to go pick her up and can't wait.  I love to hear the excited chatter between her friends as they meet up again for the first time and discuss the events of the day!  We are going to lunch again.  And I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now!  With everything going on (more on that later) it is time for a little fun in a heavy week.  I love my girl and am excited at her next phase.  And I am a little sad as a part of my children's childhood closes. We are no longer in elementary school.  They have grown up.  I have grown up.  I know that time waits for no man, but I would just like to carve a little slice of it out to revisit on those days when I have a minute.  When I reflect on how little my children used to be, their great balls of energy.  And I reflect on what they have grown into.  Amazing, beautiful and talented children.  I am the luckiest mom in the world.  

So, we decided to add bowling to our day!  Brenna wasn't to keen on the idea at first, but I do think she enjoyed it.  Of course, if you ask her, she'll shrug, as if to say It was OK.  But I know better.  She had fun and I have pictures to prove it!  The funniest bowler was absolutely Lyla:  she is the Happy Gilmore of bowling.  There was no method to her...what do you even call it when you go....to her turns.  She did whatever she wanted; there were times when her ball was rolling literally less than a mile an hour (a turtle could have beat it) and darn if it didn't give her a spare or take out the rest of the pins.  Kate was by far the most serious bowler!  She had so much concentration on her face when she went.  But, she wasn't above distracting her opponents...ummm friends when it was their turn!!  Brenna and Caroline were somewhere inbetween!  It was a great balance and a great way to end the summer!

So grateful for Uncle Todd who will be there to help Brenna through her middle school years!












Seriously, these are like the happiest pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment