Noah has really gotten into golf lately and I'm not sure how or even really why. About two months ago Noah was invited to play golf by his friend Carter and maybe that's what it is. I'm glad he likes it. I'm hoping that he gets Andy out more than he has been out too. So, when Delaney texted and asked Noah to caddy for her for a golf tournament, he jumped on it. He was very excited to do something he had never done before for Delaney. I wasn't sure what to expect, but was excited for him.
Of course, before I left I told him to make sure he uses sunscreen! He has seriously been hearing this his whole life. And of course, he came home sunburned!! But the smile he came home with was worth that cute pink face! He had a great time and was so excited to be going back on Friday. I think he had such a day of learning about golf and how people approach the game. I can imagine how excited he was throughout the day. I imagine him cheering Delaney on even though he was not supposed to talk to much with her! He could hold her bag for her, but really he was sort of supposed to be seen but not heard. I can just hear him whispering, "you can do it, Delaney!" I love Noah's enthusiasm; it is infectious! And I'm sure it seemed that way when he was walking by a cart and it just fell over! Katie, who was walking the course with them, knew that it happens when there are too many bags on the cart. Katie said Noah's expression was priceless. His eyes were wide, his mouth round, and absolute horror in his face.
That first day Delaney didn't do so well and shot in the mid 80s. However, on Friday, she redeemed herself and shot a 72 and came in first for that day! We are so proud of you Delaney!


No comments:
Post a Comment