Monday, July 2, 2012

Boating

We had so much fun boating with our friends on the South River!  The Froehlichs has invited the five of us to join them on their boat for the day and we were so excited to be able to join them.  However, Tobin still had his stitches in and wasn't going to be able to find relief from the heat by jumping in the river, so he opted to stay home and go to the pool with his friend, Andrew, where at least he could go in up to his chest. 
Aside from missing Tobin, we had a great time!  I love stepping onto a boat and feeling the breeze from the water roll off into our cabin.  I had never been out on the South River before, but Paul and Christy knew exactly where they were and had a great time showing us their favorite haunts on the river.  As we rode out to a lighthouse, where we were meeting other friends, the Clarks, we had so much fun looking at the amazing real estate on the banks of the river.  We really loved looking at the different architecture of the houses and the shapes of the houses on the river.  It was so much fun.  Paul opened up out on the river and we were going pretty fast.  At least, fast enough for my skirt to fly up when I didn't have it tucked between my legs.  Noah thought that was hilarious and laughed out loud when it happened.  I love when Noah laughs!
I loved approaching the lighthouse and knew had I been on the land, this would definitely have been something I yearned to get to.  The Clarks drove up talking about seeing a mantaray which was really neat and, of course, made all of us want to see one too!  We anchored next to this little island.  And the kids had a great time jumping in the river.  There were tubes to play with and food on deck.  It was the perfect summer day!  With the Clarks perched right next to us with their boat, we had twice as much space and twice as much fun.  It is always fun to get together and enjoy each other's company.  Noah was so good as the oldest and took everything in stride.  All too soon, it was time to head back home.  I was excited because we were going to try this place near the lake called "Mike's."  I was hungry and really wanted some good crabs!! 
It was fun driving back.  Christy and Paul were so good and let Noah drive the boat.  He had so much fun and looked like a much cuter version of Tom Cruise driving a boat.  He had such a smile on his face and he did a great job.  Brenna had returned with the Clarks and I was happy to look over and see Brenna driving their boat!  That was absolutely great!
However, we hurried back for nothing because Mike's was a two hour wait...what?  Ok, not waiting.  So we headed back home and ended up getting take out and going back to the Froehlich's house!  We had just finished eating when Tobin called and needed to be picked up!  It was such a great day, spent with friends and out on the river.




















No comments:

Post a Comment