Monday, July 2, 2012

After Sand Soccer

     So, with our games done by 1:30, we all wanted to hit the beach!  And hit the beach we did.  We got lunch first and then headed out.  Several other families had come as well so we had a great time.  Brenna loved the water and didn't matter how cold it was.  She headed out as soon as we got there.  She played with the more adventurous ocean girls.  Those of her kindred spirits were Katie, Olivia and Lindsey.  They were happy to play for two hours in the surf, jumping and diving under the waves and for riding the waves in!  Lyla, Kate, and Mackenzie played closer in to the surf and from time to time they would meet up.












     Towards the end, by late afternoon, Brenna was still in the water and Noah had joined them.  We saw Brenna and Noah playing with Lindsey and Michaela.  It was fun to watch and for that moment, I felt at peace with the day, the wins, the tie, and where we were.  We headed back in at 6 to get ready for dinner.  We ended up being too late and so we ate at 5Guys!  Not Ocean City, but the boys were hungry.  Brenna ate with Katie Orr and Olivia at Dead Freddies.  They called from there to ask if Brenna could go with them to the go-kart place.  Brenna was ecstatic to play and have more adventure!  We couldn't say no!!  It was a lot of fun for her to spend time with the other part of her team.  That night the Pagley boys went back out onto the boardwalk.  I stayed home to wait for Brenna.  It was a great day.  We spent the night and left in the morning.  But not before we stopped to get deep fried oreos and fudge from Candy Kitchen!  So, Ocean City.  Until next year...

Oh I forgot to mention two things.  Katie and I made goodie bags for the girls this year for the end.  We put in Pop Rocks, Chicklets, starbursts, skittles, candy bracelets, and a glow in the dark bracelet.  It was fun making them and Brenna loved handing them out! 
The second thing is we didn't quite leave Ocean City right away.  We stopped to ride the go karts!  The three of them thought it was hilarious that I was going to be riding along with them too!  Hey, I like fun as much as the next girl, but consider it a big mom responsibility to take pictures of the fun you three have so that it can be documented in pictures. But sometimes, the girl in me comes out.  I was excited to ride the go kart!  But I was slow and they lapped me and laughed while doing it.  I didn't tell them that I was still trying to take pictures of them, but my camera was giving me trouble and it didn't work!

No comments:

Post a Comment