We arrived to the restaurant at exactly the same time! (That's sayin' a lot for us Pagleys). It was early enough that we were just about the only ones in the restaurant! Never having been to Morton's we weren't sure what to expect! We were a little more than surprised when our waiter brought a live lobster to our table! It was huge! He also presented us with all of the cuts of meat we had to choose from! It was very interesting to be able to make our selection this way.
We ordered a variety of meats: crab legs, petit filet mignon, and New York strip steak. We also added mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and asparagus to our dinner. It really was quite tasty. The steaks melted in your mouth, they were sooooo good.
We were able to talk about so many things: the past, I wanted to see if Mom remembered some of the events that I remembered from my childhood. My mom remembered about the Indian man who came to our house to cook a wonderful dinner for us. She did not remember pulling the triplets aside and telling us that although the food might not look very pretty (i.e. chicken nuggets) that it would taste good! She did remember about the time we (the triplets) got caught letting Adam (a friend) drive our car to a Burger King because my mom happened to be at the same place buying a drink! My mom also did not remember the time I tried to pierce my ears with her earrings when she was sick with the flu! We talked about the future: our trip to Deep Creek Lake! We are excited to have Tiercy here with her family, we are excited to rent a boat so that we can try to water ski, we are excited to have all of the families together, and we are excited to relax!!!
Mom, Happy Mother's Day! I love you in more ways I can tell you or show you. I am me because of who you taught me to be! I am so glad you are my mom and that you are in my life! I am also grateful that my children get to have such a strong and adventurous grandmother in their life! I love you.
Me with my Mamacita! I am so glad we could be together on our special day (weekend) together!
No comments:
Post a Comment