I am embarassed to admit that Brenna's Brownie vest is almost bare of the Try-It badges she earned. I thought I might put them into a scrapbook instead, but think I am now beyond it!
Brenna and Kate! They have never had class together at school, but have become besties through a love of sports and being creatively goofy together! They come up with dances, handshakes, and sayings for each other.
Brenna and her bestie, Mack! They have been in class for 2nd grade and now 3rd grade! They have become besties over unicycling together, sleepovers and American Girl dolls!
I really only think of Brownies as a social event for Brenna. I don't care for the badges and that she has to earn them, that there is a motto and creed to live by, that she is part of a pre-sorority sisterhood. I really think of the fun she will have as she learns to do arts and crafts, about recycling, singing at an elderly home in the neighborhood, and ultimately, I only really think about the fact that her besties are there with her creating memories together!
So, then, why in the world, would I ever get choked up at her bridging ceremony from Brownies to Girls Scouts?


No comments:
Post a Comment