Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Noah, I am so Proud of You

I just got off the phone with my brother!  I love that he calls me on his way to work to catch up.  Did I mention that I love that?!  Anyway, today he called with a purpose.  He wanted to tell me how proud of Noah I should be!  I am proud of Noah for many things, but why particularly should I be proud of him today?

Todd proceeded to tell me what a good kid Noah is and how he is helping another student out at school.  There is a friend of ours whose child is a loner and different from the middle school kids around him.  As a result, he has been bullied a bit.  These friends reached out to us and so we reached out to Noah.  And Noah implemented!  On several occasions, Noah has supported this student by leaving his sym team to go be on the team of this friend.  He has brought this boy onto his team to be a part of something. Noah doesn't hesitate or balk at it.  For him, it is something he has decided to do.  He listened to us (well...Andy did most of the talking), but he has made this decision on his own.  I am so proud of you, Noah.  You are cute, handsome, and brave.  I couldn't be prouder of you for the young man you are becoming.

Aristotle once said:  "We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence then is not an act, but a habit."   Noah, you are well on your way to excellence!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment