Sunday, September 9, 2012

QO vs. Sherwood

I think I am pretty open-minded about my children.  I know they have strengths and weaknesses.  And for whatever reason, Tobin's lot in football life is to learn life lessons about struggle, the individual vs. team, being a team player, and acceptance.  Tobin is the back up quarterback this year.  He doesn't want it (wants to be playing receiver), but has accepted that as a part of the team, he should play what the coach needs him too.
Truth be told, Tobin will probably play more this year as the back up quarterback than were he to be a receiver.  That isn't what this is about.  Our first game against Sherwood was going to be tough and we knew Tobin wouldn't play a whole lot, if at all.  But we were there for every minute of it and ready to cheer on our team.  It was an ugly win, but a win is a win is a win!  We scored two touchdowns in the first two minutes of the game and then didn't score again until the fourth quarter.  Sherwood scored in the second quarter and in the opening play of the thrid quarter.  So, even though we were always winning, it didn't feel certain. Tobin didn't play, but I know he was happy to be a part of a winning team!







Tobin warming up before the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment