Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pop Pop Smoke Comes to Town

We had a great visit with Pop Pop!  It was so great that he came to visit with us.

     Pop Pop came all the way from Vegas to watch Tobin, Noah, and Brenna play in their sports games.  It had been a while since he had come to Maryland and the three (TNB) were excited that he was coming to watch them.  However, with the crazy, rainy fall we were having, I could only hope he would get to see at least one of the three games!  
     The first game on the roster was Tobin's JV football game on Thursday.  Tobin would be playing wide receiver and I hope he would have some great passes sent his way.  It was a cold night, colder than I know Pop Pop was used to.  He braved the cold to watch the entire game.  Tobin did great in the game and I knew it meant a lot to him that his grandfather was there watching.
     On Friday, Andy took off from work to cook an Italian meal that was worth eating.  And boy was it delicious!  Sausage and peppers, meatballs, wedding soup, spaghetti, and homemade sauce!  It isn't Italian until it's homemade sauce.  It was so good and made dinner a really festive affair.  We loved it!
     Saturday was Brenna's soccer game in the afternoon.  Even though the sun was out it wasn't the kind that warmed you really well.  Pop Pop again braved the cold.  But by this time, he was feeling a little achy from the cold and he was being really brave.  He never let it show, so Brenna never noticed.  She was just so excited that Pop Pop was there for her as well as for the boys!  She wanted to score a goal so badly while he was there, but Brenna is a defensive player and rarely gets that chance these days!  She played a great game though and was happy all over.
     Saturday night was Noah's game.  By that time, poor Pop Pop hadn't warmed up at all from Brenna's game.  We wrapped him in gloves, hats, scarves, coats and a blanket.  He gave it a brave front, but he was so cold.  He was so good to sit on those cold bleachers and cheer on Noah.  I also think it must have been fun for him to see his son coaching.  Andy loves coaching and I know he was happy that his dad would get to see his coaching and Noah's playing.
     It was a great visit and I am so happy that Pop Pop came to visit our home!  I think that we will go to him next time!  Thanks for coming Pop Pop.  We love you very much.










No comments:

Post a Comment