The next day we went for a very wonderful breakfast in the only restaurant/art gallery that was open on the main street of Cape Charles. It was soo yummy. I actually got the yogurt/granola parfait with such good, colorful fruit! It was delicious! After that we returned home to get ready for our day on the bay! It was so hot, but and the water felt warm but still refreshing with the heat wave we were having. The highlight of the water was the jet ski Buff rented! It was awesome. Tiercy did such a good job with the kids out there. It was interesting to see that with a wide open canvas of water all around, they decided to stay within a 30 foot radius, which in the end, drove Tiercy nuts! She wanted to head out... I got on with Brenna and we had a great time! I wasn't too interested in making any sharp turns and she wasn't to interested in going very fast (seriously, 8 miles an hour was her limit) so we looked like a bunch of old ladies out on the water. Hahaha. We still had fun and I got the jet ski up to about 30 miles an hour when I was in control!!
The other big event was Laney's knee getting cut. It was so sad! Robin and I were sitting at the water's edge when we heard the kids cry out. I think Robin got to her first and as she turned I saw the blood running down her leg. Yikes! We just wrapped her leg in a beach towel and put pressure on it to try and stop the bleeding. Somehow, I got Laney into my arms and started walking/running to the house to get Tiercy who had gone back to make lunch! Brenna ran ahead of me to tell her and by the time I got back Tierc was already walking out the door. We put Laney right into the car. But by the time we moved her carseat, got her buckled in, Robin and the other kids were back too! It was so hard to see Tierc drive off by herself. I saw her tears and that just wasn't fair! I wanted to be with her.
So, we sat in the house to cool off and begin our wait to see what would happen. Tiercy made the decision to have Laney's leg superglued back together rather than have stitches put in. Even so, she was there for about 3 1/2 hours which in my world seemed like an eternity. Laney was really tough and came through it much better than her mama!!
Waiting to make it all better was the dinner ahead of us! We ate at Aqua! It was simply delicious and a surprise gem waiting for Tierc and me as Robin and Buff knew what to expect! Their bread was the best texture and smelled like the best bread ever. They had fruit soup that simply tasted like a smoothie you ate with a spoon! Heaven! I got the "steak and cake" which was soooo yummy! In the last couple of years I have really developed an affinity for steak and the crab cake was full of crab. I'm not sure what the others ate, but it was soo good! I also loved our room. R and B had reserved the "wine" room for our dinner which turned out to be such a great choice! It kind of contained the kids as our table had 3 walls surrounding it and it was the coldest room part of the restaurant due to chilling the wine! It was such a great treat!
On Saturday morning, Buff, Tierc, and I went running. I knew I was the hold out with this group but was greatful they let me hang with them. We did a mile walk through our neighborhood and beach which was mixed up with a little bit of yoga (thanks Buff) and then we ran around the shops and the lake part of the neighborhood. Because Buff knew so much about the neighborhood and area it made me want to keep up with him so I could hear his stories. In the heat, I actually did pretty well. For the most part I was able to keep up, but it really helped that Buff would run ahead and then turn around and run behind me til he caught up with me. He ran extra far that way and stayed near where I was. It was a highlight. One of the funniest comments of the trip came from this excursion. Getting ready for the run, Buff saw Tiercy gingerly sit down on the floor and he laughed saying, "you know, as long as I've known you, the triplets have always been these young, quick moving, spry things, but now I can see you're getting old. Welcome to the dark side! It was a funny moment and made us laugh as Buff always does.
After our run, we went shopping! Of course. The shops were the cutest! I saw so many picture frames I really loved, but ended up buying a wrought iron and wicker basket to hold plates, napkins, and silverware. I have been looking for one I liked and this was it. I could have spent a lot of money there, but held back! Yay me! I also bought a gift set of fish bowls to gift to someone. They were so cute, I couldn't resist.
Finally, it was time for Tiercy to leave. I was going to follow in her footsteps later as I had to pick up Tobin from the Eastern Shore at 9:30 that night. He had been invited by his friend Lily and he was having a blast! Brenna wanted to leave with Tiercy and I let her. While she drove away, I went with Robin and Buff to look at houses that were for sale in the other side of the resort! It was fun to see some of the houses in the area. Then we went to the golf tavern and had homemade potato chips with cheese, old bay, and bacon! Decadent but yummy.
Finally, it was my turn to leave! I didn't want to and really enjoyed hanging out with everyone.
| The room I stayed in with Brenna. It was beautiful, but didn't fit the rest of the house. |
| Tiercy taking Brenna and Tyler jet skiing. |




Such a fun trip todo together! Fun memories!
ReplyDelete