New traditions gave way to old ones this year. This was the first year we didn't go to see Santa Claus with all of your friends. I loved doing that, but this year you didn't want to. And as I was lamenting how grown up you were and what could we do to make Christmas more than one day, but rather a sesaon, your friend Mackenzie sent out an evite to have a Christmas gift exchange! I was happy and you were happy. I couldn't wait for it. Could you?
When we walked into Mackenzie's house, everything was so festive. The Christmas lights were one, and there was a table of food that looked so sweet and Christmassy! There is such a feeling in the air at this time of year that really is so special. You had your friends together in one spot, school was almost out for winter break, sweet treat smells filled the air, Christmas lights filled your sight, and Christmas music filled your ears. How could one not be happy? You hung out with your friends and ate the tasty treats while us moms hung out and talked as well.
And then it was time to begin the Christmas gift exchange. Everyone put their gift on the coffee table in the middle of the room and you all gathered round the table. You all choose a number (it was just like your birthday) which took an amazing amount of time. You were number 9-which I thought was perfect-right in the middle of the bunch. You stole a Abercrombie shirt for your pick. And then it got stolen from you and so you got to pick another. It was sort of funny because no one wanted the game to end and everyone kept stealing gifts rather than opening the last gift to mkae it last longer. Finally, Kasey chose the lone little gift and that ended the Christmas gift exchange.
Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. For so many reasons. I hope that you are filled with the holiday spirit each year when Christmas comes around. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment