Friday, February 15, 2013

POTH Blues

Wrong era, but he looks like Michael Jackson





     Every year QO hosts a talent show called POTH (Puttin' on the Hits).  It is hosted by SGA and is definitely a good time!  Each class competes with each other for dominance and there is a sprinkling of individual or small group acts thrown in. 
     I was so happy this year when Tobin told me that they were going to rank the classes separate from the other acts which I thought was a great idea.  Because last year, the sophomores really should have had second place, but I  think the judges felt like they had to give it to an individual act, so sophs got 3rd behind the seniors!  This year's seniors really didn't do a great job last year so we wondered what they had in store for us this year.  Anyway, I digress...
     So each class act consists of several moving parts and elements all tied together with a big bow.  For his part Tobin and Ben were re-creating the Blues Brothers for their part in the talent show.  Tobin watched them several times on YouTube and seemed to know their moves.  I never caught him practicing and only know of one "dress rehearsal" that Tobin and Ben had together which made me al little nervous for the night!  But they nailed it.  They did a fabulous job!  Tobin looked like he was having a great time on stage!  He is such a performer and hams it up!  I love watching him.  Way to go Tobin!  They came in 2nd behind the seniors- who did a good job.  I don't think theirs was any better than ours, but being equal it should have gone to the seniors! Tobin's time will come next year-his last POTH!  Have so much fun planning it!

1 comment:

  1. I want to go next year! Be sure to let me know when it is!!@!@!@@

    ReplyDelete