Sunday, June 26, 2011





Brenna is in the middle of the picture in the back getting ready to roll.




Brenna and her friend Christina.



Brenna's last meet was June 4, 2011.   It was Regionals, where 9 states competed. And it may be her last gymnastics meet....ever!  And I am so sad about it.  She placed, 2nd in tumbling, 4th in double-mini and 6th in trampoline.  I don't think that she comprehends that that means of all the people in the region she is the 2nd best, 4th best, and 6th best-in 9 states!!!  But she was so proud, I was so proud and her coach was so proud!!  It seems such a shame not to explore this talent that she has, but it is her choice to make. I just hope she doesn't regret it when she is older.  I know that she likes it because I hear her saying things like "Noah, if you do it next year, I will too."  So, this meet was bittersweet, because she did so well.  She received a qualifying score in both the trampoline and the double-mini.  As I sat watching her compete in her events, I tried to make it last forever...I wanted it to.  My eyes never left her performance as I wanted to drink it all in.  She did so well.  I saw her face move from nervousness at the line, waiting for the signal of the judge, to a "go time" look as the judge signaled her, determination as she began her routine, then her body did it's turns and flips, and then victory in her eyes as she landed her last move!  I can tell she loves it!  That moment anyway.  It makes my heart hurt to know that she may not have that anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment