Yesterday, I got the treat of taking Noah out shopping for clothes! We had a great time and I actually couldn't believe how talkative Noah really was. He made me laugh. He made me gasp....do tween boys really do those things? He made me soooo happy. We went to about 10 different stores and by the end we had about 6-7 bags of clothes and shoes! He was so cute as he wanted to carry the majority of them (but I've had better practice as a connoisseur of shopping), so I did it. He held his ice cream (shhh....don't tell Tobin or Brenna).
Noah has been asking for clothes for about two weeks now in earnest. But as you all well know, there is not enough hours in the day to get everything done that needs to be and somehow clothes shopping went out the window every time. It seemed like the one flexible thing to move around or off the list. Sorry, Noah.
So, realizing that Noah needed some quality time I decided that I would take him out of school to go shopping. It's amazing what I've relented to as a mother of older children, but I digress. But when Noah's face lit up at the thought we were going to go yesterday evening, I just couldn't say, "no, we're going tomorrow."
We went last night. He was so happy and we found clothes pretty quickly. It was the shoes that took a long time. Wow! Noah absolutely loves high tops and wants them for every pair of shoes he buys. I don't like high tops and want the low cut, all white version. Compromising was going to be tricky (to be honest, I wasn't sure I had it in me). But we found some shoes that worked! Yeah!
Noah came home beaming! And you know what, I felt like I had so much more love for him. It was a great feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment